Saturday, March 30, 2013

Announcing the Ma Cherie French Knickers Sew Along!


Well, it turns out I did get the flu after taking care of my sick man, and now that I don't feel like dropping dead any longer, it's time for that sew-along we were talking about!

Underwear are so marvelously versatile and the Ma Cherie French Knickers are no different.



We're going to make some gorgeous underwear together! The plan is for me to sew a basic pair of French Knickers and walk you through the steps as explained in the pattern. Then I'll sew several other versions and demonstrate different techniques for finishing and embellishing them. We'll go over different fabrics you can use and elastic choices. If we have time, I'll show you how to trim them with ribbon facings, lace edging and insets, scallops, bows and even embroidery!

If there's something you'd like me to cover, please leave me a comment and I'll do my best to work it in.
Now for the pattern. Anyone who wishes to participate in the sew-along can now buy the digital version of the pattern at MrsDepew.com at a discounted price. This discount will be available until April 10th.
If you're printerless, don't worry, I have a paper version too! The paper version is available here.

Depew 2018 Ma Cherie French Knickers Pattern
In my next post I'll talk about fabric and trim choices, and I'll give you links to some of my favorite places to find the perfect trimmings for lingerie.

Here's a sneak peek of some of the beautiful things I've bought to embellish my knickers with:

Silk Ribbon, vintage lace, antique silk embroidery threads...we're going to make some beautiful lingerie!
I hope you have a lovely, sunny, and warm weekend. And I hope there's cake involved. Everything is better with cake.



5 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!
    I'm so glad you've made a paper printed pattern available. I love, love, love your lingerie styles, but find the download, print and assemble patterns to be SO frustrating. Quite beyond my Luddite abilities. As for the slightly increased cost???? Well, how much is 3 hours of my time worth, fiddling with the printing and paper, doing something I DISlike, before I can get to something I ENJOY??? I'll pay the upcharge, with a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Looking forward to making my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh looking forward to this :-)
    Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in! I know I'll make changes (as I prefer higher waist knickers) but I'm excited to make my first pair as part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artikelnya sangat bermanfaat sekali kawan, saya sangat setuju dan saya akan sering-sering datang kembali ke blog ini untuk menantikan update terbaru lainnya, terimakasih.


    By : toko lingerie | http://koleksilingerie.com

    ReplyDelete