Here is a collection of links from A Few Threads Loose and other resources detailing how to do various sewing techniques, with a particular emphasis in lingerie techniques.
I hope this can be a useful resource to make lingerie sewing easier and more enjoyable for everyone. I'll be adding links all the time but if you're looking for something and don't see it here, leave me a comment and I'll either find or create a tutorial for you if I can.
General Sewing Techniques:
- Bias Binding: Inverted Corners
- Corded Pin Tucks ~ Courtesy of the Coletterie
- French Seams
- Plackets of Every Sort
- Boning a seam
- Eyelet Closure ~ Courtesy of Ohhh Lulu
- Hook and Eye tape
- Embroidered Initials
- Lace Applique Bows ~ Courtesy of Vera Venus
- Lace Inset
- Lace overlay
- Lace Trim
- Making perfect bows ~ Courtesy of Ohhh Lulu
- Ribbon Trim
- Cutwork using a machine satin stitch.
- Attaching garter clips and straps
- Satin-covered garter straps ~ Courtesy of Ohhh Lulu
Knickers /Tap Pants/ Underwear: