Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New This Week...

 With the advent of chilly weather I've had warm wool coats and dresses on my mind. I got back to work on my vintage French draft-at-home patterns and here is the first batch of warm and toasty winter wear!


 #1735 Dress and Coat: The dress features a long sleeve and a simple neckline with cutout front details. The raglan sleeve box coat is finished with a right draped collar that becomes a scarf at one end.

 #1735 Day Dress: The dress features a darted sleeve, a square neckline with panel front details, two-piece cuffs, and an inverted pleat skirt.


#1117 Dress with lapel Collar: The 3/4 length dress features a slim, long sleeve with cuff and button trim. The skirt is shaped to form pockets in an overlapped seam and the dress is trimmed with contrast revers and collar.
 

 #1081 Bouffant- Sleeve Coat: The full-length coat features a fur trimmed collar ( the old pattern suggested nutria, a rodent similar to the beaver, but synthetic would work great!), puffed sleeves that end in a cuff, flap pockets and a self belt.


#1107 Side Button Coat: The full-length coat features a fur trimmed cravat (you can use real or faux), cuffed sleeves, a small cape at back shoulders and a self fabric belt.


And last but not least, and my absolute favorite.
#1119 Autumn Coat: The full-length coat features a fox trimmed collar, wide stitched lapels, a two-piece sleeve with cuff, and a self or suede belt.

For those who either can't afford fox fur trim (it can be rather pricey, not mention guilt inducing) there's a great synthetic alternative found in nearly every color at Fabric Depot.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! These are really stunning. I love the bouffant sleeve coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I want them all! I will have to invoke the iron hand of discipline. Finish current projects first (I finally purchased fabric for my Drape Blouse pattern). If they all turn out as nice as I hope then I will need a beautiful coat to wear with them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting collar on the first coat. I LOVE the fur collar on the Autumn Coat!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, gorgeous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is also 1119! I hope I can someday muster up the courage and cash to sew a coat like that for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I want all of them as well! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new collection. Stellar! Grande! Well done.

    ReplyDelete