Sunday, October 23, 2011

A bit of a delay...

Most of you know that I've been on vacation, and that I was hoping to finish the sew-along despite that, and I'm trying, but unforeseen circumstances have brought that to a grinding halt.
A few days ago, my very dear uncle passed away. There are no words that express what he meant to me and my family. Blogging in the wake of that seemed rather silly.

I will resume soon and I know most of you understand, but to the commenter who thinks I'm spending my whole trip getting affordable manicures, please keep in mind that you never know a whole person's story, and a little politeness might be welcome in the place of snarky comments.

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand people who get snarky when bloggers don't post on time... it's not a job, you're not paying for content so you are not entitled to yell at somebody because they didn't keep to a schedule. People have lives outside the internet that we don't know about. I'm sorry you had to experience that at such a trying time, and I wish you and your family the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences, love. It's never easy losing a loved one. Don't you listen, for a moment, to the tacky people who make incredibly insensitive and tacky statements. Take your time, do the needful, and get back to us when YOUR ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. :( Sending condolences & prayers. You come back when you are ready—don't let the trolls get to you. I'm sorry someone treated you that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your uncle, Anna. Don't worry about the sew-along at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete