Monday, May 9, 2011

The Baby Dress

There has been a bevy of babies born here in our small military community this spring so for a while I was pretty busy with baby clothes and accessories. A fellow blogger and friend asked me what kind of baby things I had made and so I thought that might be a good idea for a post.
I give you Olivia's dress:


I made the dress in a few hours with some lovely cotton print from my local over-priced Norwegian craft store. For the pattern I used vintage Simplicity 4507.


The pattern had some lovely features including a scallop shaped sleeve and tiny, tiny little pin tucks.



And to finish my seams I used some super soft vintage rayon seam tape that I had stashed away. No rough edges on this baby's skin.

I really loved sewing this dress, and I loved how much the baby's mother loved the dress, but best of all, I REALLY loved how many jaws dropped at the shower when they all asked where I bought it and I said I made it.
Isn't that just the best part of making anything by hand?

And don't forget to check out the pattern pdf giveaway. It end this Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment