Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My design wall.


Do you have a particular spot in your sewing space for inspiration? Before I made my design wall, that space was my computer, but like I don't already spend enough time online.
Using a bulletin board that I covered in fabric and painted, I strung some ribbon and used some mini clothes pins to line up and display my fabric stash catalog.
The stash catalog was a freebie I got to download long ago from Quilting Arts. Here's the link to the free pdf download for these cute little cards.


Where do you get your design inspiration from? Do you have a fabric story board? What is your sewing room like? Soon I'll be posting pictures of my own space but first I have to clean up the various piles of sewing detritus all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. My sewing room is a disaster. You know the old addage "a clean desk is the sign of a sick mind" I must be the most sane person on the planet. Your wall is an inspriation to me. Will attempt some organization but thinking that I will need two walls for the swatches alone! Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete