Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh Yes Please!

Many of us are of the opinion that we were born in the wrong era. Some of us long for the good old days of Jane Austen when one's biggest problem was finding a husband. Others long for the roaring 20's when being a bad girl was still something new. And lots of us long for the 40's. Wartime, yes, but a time when family values reigned supreme, the fashion was 'tops' and the world had something worth-while to fight for.

I'm with the 1940's school, and my opinion is only reenforced by what I have to show to you today.
Ladies, I give you the era we ALL should have been brought up in:








Yeah, that really happened. These images are all courtesy of Retronaut, a website with the fantastic motto "The past is a foreign country. This is your passport."

Have a nice week, and if you haven't already, check out the giveaway I have going on to win a $20 gift certificate.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love these. I'd seen an ad like this before but I thought it was a joke. So great to know that adding weight was once a goal, but again, why can't we just be content with the way we are naturally? I guess it'll never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really about adding 'weight' as adding inches to your boobs and bum. e.g. "attractive pounds and inches"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this. I was born with a natural hourglass figure and I've never been skinny. I feel I have a curvy figure (albeit a sz 14, but still...).

    Too bad men now don't have the same mind that men of the 40's did.

    (PS I shared this on my FB page. Thanks for posting it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, those girls seem to have mostly put the pounds on in their chests. If only it was that easy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it seems great until you notice their waist doesn't change size - just their hips and butt! I only put on weight in my middle; somehow I don't think they'd be making ads to sell my figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ads! I guess I was lucky that I was a young when skinny was in style.

    ReplyDelete