Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Couple of New Patterns by Mrs. Depew Vintage

Want to know what I've been working on when I haven't been sewing? I have been trying to develop a couple of new pdf patterns that are more cold weather appropriate.
I have a particular love for the 1920's, the hat styles, and the cloche in particular.


With this in mind, and cold ears every time I step outside, I put together this cloche pattern pdf (actually from a late 1940's/ early 1950's pattern throwback).

I love the idea of sewing it from warm, soft wool in two tones. It can be made in soft velvet, felt, or brocade for colder weather, or light cotton or silk for warmer weather. All you need is your fabric, interfacing, grosgrain ribbon for the band, and some buttons; super easy!

And of course, I would make matching gloves to go with it, preferable trimmed with fur. Which is what I did for my second PDF this month.
This glove pattern pfd can be made either long or short, depending on the sleeve length of your favorite outfit or coat, in several sizes. The gloves can be made using fabric scraps, they take very little fabric to make.

What is your favorite warm weather accessory?

(Also, if you haven't already, check out the giveaway I have going on to win a $20 gift certificate. Last chance to enter is this coming Sunday )

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful hat! Does the pattern explain the types of materials required (e.g. special interfacing) and how to shape the different pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina, It sure does! All you need is your fabric of choice, some interfacing, grosgrain ribbon, and some buttons. It's so easy! (I'll add this to the post, too, I'm sure others will ask the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm... Not to be picky, but I think you may have reversed your fabric choices and weather types... And I do like that hat. It could help keep my ears warm through a South Dakota winter. In a heavy wool. With fur trim if I can figure out how. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the 20's!

    I've been working on my slip, can't wait to finish it :)

    ReplyDelete