I have a tripod! I finally got around to getting one and it has made taking blog photos so much easier. If you blog and you want your photos to come out a bit better, I highly recommend getting one.
So I used the tripod recently to take pictures of my latest sewing project, a bateau neck blouse using the pdf pattern I recently released.
I wanted to use this beautiful vintage grosgrain ribbon that my mother gave me but there wasn't very much left of it. Hence, only three ruffles instead of four.
For the shoulder ties I used black cotton bias tape. The tie basically extends from one shoulder to the other as it binds the top of the blouse in between.
Materials: I used a really great pink vintage linen/ rayon blend crepe (it took me 5 burn tests to figure out what it was!) courtesy of my awesome mother. (+ cotton bias tape, yards of grosgrain ribbon and one invisible zipper)
Time: About an evening and a half. This pattern was so easy and straight forward (God bless the late 1950's for that!).
Thoughts: I have a very long torso so I had to adjust things here and there. I found that the bust line rested a little high for me so I would change that next time. I also extended the pattern just below the waist by a couple of inches so that it would cover my waist a bit more. The pattern called for a regular zipper at the side and I used an invisible one because that's all I had on hand; it worked nicely and fits like a glove in the waist!
Coming soon, curtains, curtains, curtains!