Here's the final cut, so to speak! This was my final submission for the Project Runway Remake Challenge Presented by Rowenta.
I started by removing the sleeves and ironing out the seam allowance to create a kimono sleeve. I then removed the breast pocket, and concealed a tear on the front by adding two darts under the bust, and thus tailoring it down a bit more to my size.
The original was a bit misshapen so I had to take apart both side seams, iron out the well-enforced allowances, re-cut the sides, remove some excess, and reshape the arm holes. I then cut much of the bottom off and hemmed it just below the original hip pockets.
Plus check out the bows I made to spice up my shoes!
I was really grateful for this challenge as it gave me the opportunity to re-purpose a much loved item into something that I can wear all the time!