Monday, April 2, 2012

Singer got it all wrong!

I was turning the pages of my lovely 1934 McCall Style News today and I discovered an ad that just tickled me pink!



According to this Singer ad, the sewing machine of the 90's (1890's, that is...) will never be back in style again.
If only they could have seen into the future when Singer would have the brilliant marketing idea to release a 160 year anniversary edition machine that would make vintage lovers and seamstresses alike swoon.


Are you as turned on as I am?



10 comments:

  1. I love the ad that you found! And I own the machine; it is completely swoon worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. GOODNESS. Look at that beauty! Talk about slick! And that ad is just too funny. Little did they know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so utterly beautiful, yes I want one. Just to look at it makes me go all fuzzy!! PS I haven't got round to any bra making, I feel like a total slacker, hope everyne else has done well though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! I would actually buy this. But I wonder if it's plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is plastic - it really isn't as nice in real life, especially compared to the originals. But I'd still have one. Why are all machines white now? I have seen an industrial machine in stainless steel, but I would so love a red one, just like a mixmaster.
    Love the ad though, and what a gorgeous dress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own the 160 limited edition and I am smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been drooling over this machine for a while now *sigh*. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lusted after this machine for a long time. So much so, I recently bought it online. It is supposed to come in the mail on Thursday. I'm so excited. It will go nicely with my two Singer 401A's.

    ReplyDelete