Monday, September 19, 2011

Some Lovely 1950's Winter Knits


It's cold and rainy here in Norway and for the first time this fall, I wore gloves today. Ick. So to get me in the mood for cold Norwegian days and long Norwegian nights,  I have some lovely pictures from the gorgeous 1950's booklet Angora Hand Knit Fashions for your viewing pleasure:

The booklet, including patterns is available in my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/listing/82088462/vintage-knitting-pattern-booklet-1950s






Those gorgeous glam looks remind me of the fashions in the 1939 movie, The Women. I was quite peeved at how the movie ended, but thrilled every second to see the clothes, clothes and more clothes!
Here's the trailer:

2 comments:

  1. Gotta heart the little evening cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a fuzzy hat, scarf and mitten set.

    ReplyDelete