Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ohhl La La Sew Along: A Competition with Prizes!

Hey, remember that Sew-Along we did a long time ago? The one with all that lovely pin-up style lingerie?


 A lot of you participated, over a hundred of you in fact. It was awesome! But very few of you sent Sarah (of Ohhh Lulu) and I pictures of your finished projects. For those of you that did (Thank you again!), it made Sarah and I crazy excited. Since that part of the sew-along was so much fun for us, we though we might try again, but with a bit more oomph.
Sarah and I decided that we would host a competition with prizes for the best lingerie sewn! Don't worry, you don't have to pose in your lingerie, pictures of the garments by themselves are great! Sarah and I didn't pose in our lingerie either :)

If you didn't sew all three pieces, don't worry about that either, a prize will be awarded for each category, so Bras, Corsets, and Panties will each have their own prize.
The following prizes will be offered to the projects with the most votes:

Pin-Up Bra Corselet - $40 Gift Certificate from Mrs. Depew Vintage
Pin-Up Corset /Garter Belt - $40 Gift Certificate from Mrs. Depew Vintage
Betty High Waist Panties -  $25 Gift Certificate from Ohhh Lulu Lingerie and Apparel

Once all of the entries have been submitted, we'll post them on A Few Threads Loose and you'll all be able to vote for which ones you like best. Want to win? Send your friends over here to vote for you. Anyone can vote!

Here's how to do it. Each entry needs to be posted on Craftsy to qualify. (If you don't have a Craftsy account, it's free to sign up and takes about a minute!).

To post your project, click on one of the links below to be taken to the about page for that pattern.
Pin-Up Bra Corselet
Pin Up Corset/ Garter Belt
Betty High Waist Panties

On the right side of the page you'll see the "+ Add a Finished Project" button.


Click on that and follow the quick process to post your bra, corset, panties, or all three. Sarah and I will get email notifications from Craftsy when your projects have been posted and we'll keep track of them for you.

You'll have until February 18th (New Extended Deadline!) to post your entries to Craftsy.  Voting will start on February 19th and we'll count the votes and announce the winner on February 26th.

Pin Up Bra Pattern by Mrs. Depew Vintage
Corset / Garter Belt Pattern by Mrs. Depew Vintage
Betty High Waist Panties Pattern by Ohhh Lulu
For those of you who wanted to join in on the sew-along but didn't have time, now is your chance!  You should have time to sew up something in the next 3 weeks and enter it in the competition if you'd still like to participate.

It really does delight Sarah and I to see your finished projects so dust off those undies and fly them with pride!

Art by Joyce Balentine
Update: Here is a button that you can add to your blog if you're participating!



Grab button for Ooh La La Competition

14 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I am going to make time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so tempted! I didn't take part in the sewalong at the time, but I've been itching to make Ohhh Lulu's high waisted panties for ages!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to ask...can we only enter one version of each pattern. What if we've made more?

      Delete
    2. Hi Marie, you can enter as many versions as you would like! We would love to see anything you've made with the patterns! It's always fun to see different versions from the same person, reflecting the multiple styles of one wardrobe. :)

      Delete
  3. Guess I'd better give it another go then! My first version of the bra had a couple of fit issues that didn't show up until I'd got a fair way through making it, and I never bothered to finish it. Luckily I have plenty of the fabric so lots of room for mistakes and remakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ginny, definitely give it another try! I'm here to help if you have questions about the fit!

      Delete
  4. Is there a button we can put a button on our personal blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion! I have just added one to the bottom of this post that you can grab and add in as an html widget. Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete
  5. Cool...perfect timing...I have been wanting to try a bra forever....the pattern is now mine....where can I find suggestions for finishing work? I did see on your blog re:straps...I would like to make them out of something other than ribbon...but not plain yucky elastic.....
    Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, I highly recommend using satin elastic. You can find it on Etsy, Ebay and a few other places. It's all I use for bra straps now since it's so elegant and soft.

      Delete
  6. I want to - but I'm a bit fearful! I've never made lingerie - thinking of a bra class this summer. If I can gain some confidence I will join in - I already own these wonderful patterns. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so up for this! I have both patterns and am in need of something pretty to go under my vintage inspired wardobe so why not I say! Biggest issue... finding the right fabric, any suggestions for the best type/weight that works better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( to bad I didn't know sooner... Oh we'll good luck to everyone who enters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, we've extended the deadline to February 18th! I hope that's enough time, we'd love you to join us!

      Delete