Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Posting the Personal

Normally I don't share my personal problems with you, dear readers (mine are small compared to many). I try to keep much of my internet life private and I'm not sure if its because I'm hoping for a bit of anonymity, or if I'm afraid of clogging the blog with things that you might not be interested in. However, I am starting to come round to the idea that if you care enough to follow my blog, perhaps you care about the things going on in my life too.
I started to think about this in the last several months when I came to the realization that I care quite a bit for the wonderful news or troubles that other bloggers share. For instance, this year I was over the mood delighted that Gretchen Hirsch, whose blog I have followed for a few years now, published her first book with resounding success. I am proud of Gertie's amazing accomplishments as I would be of a sister or dear friend, even though we have never met!

And I was so happy for Casey of Elegant Musings when she announced the wonderful news that she was expecting. Having a child is a life changing blessing that I will most likely never get to experience, and though I'm ok with that, I'm still genuinely thrilled when others do.

These emotional responses that I have had to near strangers' lives has made me rethink my reserve when I write to you. I think from now on I might share a bit more of myself with you as I rant and rave about patterns, sewing, vintage and whatnot.

On that note I'm going to start by thanking you all from the bottom of my heart for reading my blog. Through A Few Threads Loose I have encountered the most amazing people, and made friends where I never thought to find them! To those of you who email me with patterns you think I might like, thank you. It makes my day to know that you went out of your way to share with me. To those of you who email me from time to time just to say hi, it means more than you know and I love each and every email.

Mrs. Depew Vintage keeps me so busy these days that I hardly have time to breathe, let alone reply quickly to your comments and emails but please know that you, dear readers, are always on my mind. You are all an important and enriching part of my life and I'm very grateful for you.

Love,

Anna

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a nice post. It's such a wonderful community we have, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please, you're such a pleasant person to chat with, why wouldn't we care - and yet respect your privacy, too. Now get out there and have a little fun, too! *lol* :)

    Love,
    Mugsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! We love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, you are such a sweetheart! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! It's amazing how we can be touched by one another's lives, and sometimes without even knowing it. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Anna! I too struggle with knowing what to share about myself on my blog, yet come to think of it, the bloggers I feel closest to are the ones who give an insight into their life! I look forward to finding out a little bit more about you as time goes on, I've been a long time follower and hugely admire what you've achieved through this blog and Mrs Depew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though I am sad that you are posting less because you have been busy, I am very happy to hear that Mrs. Depew Vintage is the reason for your absence from your blog. Looking forward to seeing more of your patterns. It is wonderful to have you as a blogging buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a fine line between divulging just enough and divulging too much - I completely understand. It's hard for me to post about my personal life for the same reason you mentioned but I think it's important that people know WHO is behind a blog. With that said, I can't wait to get to know you better!

    On another note - I received my package yesterday and thank you so much for the note you included :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! I hope to get to know you better, but don't feel pressured to share more than you're comfortable with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the above posters...I love your blog, I enjoy your projects, and love to hear what is happening in your life. If you are comfortable with sharing it, I will love to hear it. May your holidays and new year shine brightly.

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is lovely. And I totally agree, I love to hear tidbits about people's personal lives. Its like a virtual sewing circle, right? Wouldn't we do that if we all met once a week to quilt, or work on mending, or whatever is portable?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Anna - You've been a personal help to me a number of times and I am very grateful for your willingness to answer my questions when needed! I agree that I like to know what's going on in the real lives of the bloggers I read and I think you should feel free to share whatever you feel inclined to share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute Anna. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love you too!! Thank you for sharing - beautiful photo of you, too ^_^

    ReplyDelete